[Mapserver-users] Accessing uppercase tables with a PostGIS connection

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri May 14 10:36:57 EDT 2004

I'm just a little confused again ha.  I seem to want to do something so simple yet I'm
stuck again.  My PostGIS DB has a table named "CST00SRF", and I simply want to specify
that as the CLASSITEM column in my mapfile.  I get this returned when i load the page:

Postgresql reports the error as 'ERROR: column "cst00srf" does not exist '

I've searched the PostGIS and MapServer archives..and found this post by Frank Warmerdam
saying the same thing
(http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2002-May/000995.html).  With my
limited C knowledge i still see the line of code there that he had to change in
mappostgis.c.  Has this been fixed somewhere?  There must be some other way right?

I also found this post suggesting a possible PROCESSING "CASE=IGNORE" parameter setting in
the LayerOBJ
(http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2002-November/001775.html).  was
this implemented?  didn't work for me.

thanks.