[Mapserver-users] Accessing uppercase tables with a PostGIS connection

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri May 14 13:13:16 EDT 2004

> I'm just a little confused again ha.  I seem to want to do something
> so simple yet I'm
> stuck again.  My PostGIS DB has a table named "CST00SRF", and I
> simply want to specify
> that as the CLASSITEM column in my mapfile.  I get this returned
> when i load the page:

> Postgresql reports the error as 'ERROR: column "cst00srf" does not exist
'

Hmm...you are trying to reference a COLUMN and not a TABLE for your
CLASSITEM right?
In your note you mentioned "a table named "CST00SRF" " - is that really a
column?  Is the error report actually correct and you are getting confused
by putting a table name in place of where a colum name should be?

Otherwise, can you reload your PostGIS data?  With ogr2ogr there is a
creation option "-lco LAUNDER=YES" that will clean up you object names.

Tyler