[Mapserver-users] Large Raster files

mapguy phatsbbnlist at twcny.rr.com
Tue May 18 16:08:31 EDT 2004

I apologize if this repeats, but my web-based mail is quirky.
I have tried all these things and more, and I have arrived at a
solution(s). I would like to share it(them)

1) I used a path within the TILEINDEX shapefile entries similar to the
relative path for the tif files themselves e.g. if everything is in
'data/raster/'  where 'data' is the shapefile path in my map file. I
used the command

gdaltindex stlawtst.shp raster/*.tif

from the data directory and stored everything (.tif, .shp, .dbf,. shx)
in the raster directory. The dbf entries for the location field look
like "raster/o4994b.tif" etc

2) I eliminated the "epsg:26918" and inserted a PROJECTION block of proj
style parameters e.g. "proj=utm" "ellps=GRS80"  zone=18" "north" "nodefs"

3) I fixed the single tiff layer name typo (that I missed repeatedly)
and so was able to view the single tile sample I had set up as a layer
(changed a  zero "0" to a vowel   o "o")

Thanks for the responses!