[Mapserver-users] How can I get the query info programatically?

phatsbbnlist at twcny.rr.com phatsbbnlist at twcny.rr.com
Wed May 19 05:00:04 EDT 2004

I haven't gotten this far yet, but I have thought about it. If you have the proper db drivers for your scripting tools, couldn't you save the parameters you insert into variables from the form and map choices (that drive the queries) into prepared sql statements to derive the info? e.g. your user clicks on a location, which the web server knows in image coordinates and converts to map coordinates after you pass them along. The map and scale should be known, the points can be calculated and a query of the dbf files should retrieve the data from individual layers that match. This sounds simplistic, but I don't see apriori why it should fail miserably.