[Mapserver-users] Mapserver Hosting Wanted

Eduardo Patto Kanegae eduardo at consultoria.eti.br
Wed May 19 07:34:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

DMSolutions offers it by MapSherpa services. and despite I found it very
cheap four our project goals we decide to host it here in Brazil with a
dedicated server service for R$1000/month( = +- US$300). We decide what
to install in this server but we cannot touch it. We just tell what we
want and they do the rest.
We did this because our application uses PHPMapScript, and common cheap
hosters does not offer the possibility to install a new PHP extension (
mapscript).

Or , if your application does not need MapScript, only the CGI mapserver
bins, you could upload the mapserver binaries ...
This was fine to me in my first mapserver application (
http://www.consultoria.eti.br/clickbrasil )

best.

--
Eduardo Patto Kanegae