[Mapserver-users] MapScript Tests: Argument Error in testShapeCopy

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Wed May 19 09:47:40 EDT 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 5:00 AM, Jan Schüngel wrote:

> Hi
>
> during the Test i get the following error:
>
> ERROR: testShapeCopy (__main__.ShapePointTestCase)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "tests/testMapScript.py", line 704, in testShapeCopy
>    s = self.copyShape(self.shape)
>  File "tests/testMapScript.py", line 682, in copyShape
>    return shape.copy()
>  File "build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/mapscript.py", line 211, in copy
>    def copy(*args): return apply(_mapscript.shapeObj_copy,args)
> TypeError: shapeObj_copy() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
> r:
>
> is the test wrong or whats the problem here ??

Jan,

I think I have written the test improperly.  I am not seeing problems
because I am using the next generation API.  Starting on line 677 of
the test script, the ShapeObjTestCase should be changed to

class ShapeObjTestCase(MapPrimitivesTestCase):
     """Base class for shapeObj tests"""

     def copyShape(self, shape):
         """Try to copy using next generation API, else fall back to
         standard API"""
         try:
             return shape.copy()
         except TypeError:
             s = mapscript.shapeObj(shape.type)
             shape.copy(s)
             return s
         except:
             raise

Please reply when you try this and I'll make sure the change gets
into the final 4.2 release.

cheers,
Sean

--