[Mapserver-users] How can I get the query info programatically?

Ethan Alpert ealpert at digitalglobe.com
Wed May 19 11:20:39 EDT 2004

Ok I see how this is done it a perl script but this doesn't match how
I'm currently using mapserv. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original
question.

I have a LAYER defined using TEMPLATE, HEADER, FOOTER. Theses are used
to display spatial query results which are driven by dbox selections.

The problem for me is I'd like to do more inteligent things with the
results of the query but appear to be limited to HTML and client side
JAVASCRIPT because the content type of the output from
TEMPLATE,HEADER,FOOTER is html. I'd like to use php or perl in the page
to grab more information from my DB's to display based on the query
results.

Does this make sense? Is there an alternative to using TEMPLATE,HEADER,
FOOTER in my mapfiles? Is it possible for TEMPLATE,HEADER,FOOTER to be
php files? I may be mistaken but I've been unable to find answers.

Also how does one search the archives by keyword? The mailman interface
displays only by date which doesn't make searching very practical.

-e