[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 4.0.1 Debian Package for Debian Woody

Paul Baker pbaker at where2getit.com
Wed May 19 18:05:09 EDT 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 9:01 AM, Rolando Riley wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I found a post of Paul Baker that has a very straigth forward
> install of
> Mapserver under Debian on this link.
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0401/
> msg00078.html
>
>    Anybody knows if there is a Debian package that "includes" support
> for
> PHP MAPSCRIPT? This support is missing on this binaries.

I will likely be including PHP/Mapscript support in my 4.0.2 package
whenever I can find the time to get it built. Don't hold your breath.
:-(

In the meantime the wiki has information on compiling it on Debian,
although I have not personally followed these instructions so YMMV.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DebianLinux

--
Paul Baker

"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or
will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom?”
          -- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to John Adams

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc