[Mapserver-users] Deriving TIGER extents

Michael Cortez mcortez at gmail.com
Thu May 20 02:48:03 EDT 2004

> Unfortunately, when I run ogrinfo specifying any one layer of the TIGER
> datasource and -q, I get a torrent of output, which seems to include
> coordinates for each individual element in the datasource... but no
> summary data.

For me, when using ogrinfo to look at TIGER data, all the lines with
geometry data returns a summary, followed by all the individual data
entries.

Is it possible your simply "missing" it as it all scroll by?

I usually pipe the output to 'more' so that it pauses after the first
screen, so I can pull the info I need (such as extents.)

--
Mike C.