[Mapserver-users] WMS server with PHP Mascript

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Tue May 25 08:20:54 EDT 2004

Hi everybody

I'm trying to set up a small WMS server that is based on PHP Mapscript. I need the layers to be created on the fly so I thought this might be an alternative to the CGI WMS built in. I suceeded retrieving an image with a browser or curl e.g.

curl -o test.jpg "http://mspc/mswms/?request=GetMap&layers=image2000/gr_mosaic_full_5.ecw&bbox=281158,4096691,382000,4169443&width=600&height=400&srs=epsg:2100&format=image/jpeg"

But when I want to test the WMS server and include such a layer in a standard MapServer map file I get errors, e.g. with shp2img:

ERROR 4: `d:\www\tmp\10854865609240.img.tmp' not recognised as a supported file format.

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'image2000/gr_mosaic_full_5.ecw'. <br>
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format <br>
drawEPP(): Image handling error. EPPL7 support is not available. <br>

The PHP page to return the image file uses the header function like

header("Content-type: image/jpeg");

and the map is drawn with

$mapurl = $mapimg->saveImage("");

Does anybody have any ideas what might be wrong? Is there a possibility to see the URL string created by MapServer to download the temporary image or keep the requested image and don't let MapServer delete it?

Thanks for any help

Armin