[Mapserver-users] How does one create .map files?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed May 26 21:57:35 EDT 2004

Sharyn -

For several years now I've been using the C preprocessor to take
"template" MAP files and do #includes, macro expansion, etc.  It's
pretty convenient if you need to either generate lots of MAP files or
lots of layers in a MAP file.  We've got around 150+ MAP files, around
60 or 70 layers, and nearly 350,000 source data files, and it is a good
way to keep things organized.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker