[Mapserver-users] [mapserver]virtual spatial data

Van Ulden, Joost jvanulde at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu May 27 18:03:45 EDT 2004

Try doing something like the following in your mapfile:

LAYER
  NAME OGRPoints
  TYPE POINT
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION

  '<OGRVRTDataSource>
       <OGRVRTLayer name="foo">

<SrcDataSource>ODBC:user_name/password at system_dsn,table_name</SrcDataSource>

         <SrcLayer>table_name</SrcLayer>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="story_x" y="story_y"/>

      </OGRVRTLayer>
  </OGRVRTDataSource>'

  DUMP TRUE # for WFS only
  DATA "foo" # this must be the same as your OGRVRTLayer name
  STATUS default
  CLASS
    SYMBOL 'circle'
    SIZE 25
    COLOR 255 0 0
  END
END

Joost van Ulden
Programmer/Analyst
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
Geological Survey of Canada / Commission geologique du Canada
101 - 605 Robson Street / 101 - 605 rue Robson
Vancouver, B.C. / Vancouver (C.B.)
V6B 5J3
Office/Bureau:  604.666.7525
fax/telecopieur: 604.666.1124