[Mapserver-users] postgis querybyattributes with index

Markus Schnider sp_ml at sourcepole.com
Fri May 28 05:57:31 EDT 2004

Hi all

Is it possible to execute querybyattributes on a table in postgresql with an
index to be faster.

We have made an index on the column 'full_name' in a table (places).
The select statement
select X(wkb_geometry), Y(wkb_geometry) from places where lower(full_name) =
'tokyo'
is very fast (in postgresql directly).
Now I try the same with an querybyattributes:
qstring: lower(full_name) = 'tokyo'
qitem: 'lower(full_name)' or 'full_name'

It gives no result in the webapplication, perhaps it is too slow.
How can I search with querybyattributes on an indexed column (indexed
column != oid)?

Thanks

Markus Schnider
Sourcepole AG