[Mapserver-users] nested tiles

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Fri May 28 09:09:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

Is it possible to have nested tile-indexes for raster applications, i.e.
one master index which refers to several sub-indexes, which in their
turn refer to the underlying raster files? I think I have read something
like this in the list, but I can't find it. I'm trying to make a design
for displaying 17000 historical cadastral maps, each 4000*4000 pixels,
covering the whole of the Netherlands. At a later stage I would like to
do the same for the original 10000*10000 scans. Any other suggestions on
how to organise this would be very welcome too.

Jan