[Mapserver-users] Plotting Multiple Lat/Long points and setting extents

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sun May 30 09:08:42 EDT 2004

Hi Lindsay,

just plotting the points, you can do this e.g. with the OGR
VirtualSpatialData, see:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpatialData

To go the right extent, I assume your list of points is gonna be dynamic,
you could just do a SQL statement in PHP to determine min(x), max(x),
min(y) and max(y) and use PHP/Mapscript to set the extent of your MAP
object.

Best regards,
Bart