mapserv install problem

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Mon Nov 1 19:49:54 EST 2004

Giving your layer a name will do the trick.

NAME "mypoint"

I think mode=browse expects more information.

Also I make my IMAGEURL relative to the top of my document root.

-e

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Terry Brown
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 1:03 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserv install problem

Trying to get a minimal demo running.  Map file and template below, but
short story is that when going to
http://myhost.net/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/ms/local/img/test0.map
The image is being generated in IMAGEPATH and is viewable via IMAGEURL
if entered directly, BUT whatever the first [square-bracket] expression
in the template is, output (view source) ends on the proceeding line.

Thanks for any clues.

MapServer version 4.2.5 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Linux Mandrage 10.0 Apache

MAP
        DEBUG on
        SIZE 600 400
        EXTENT 0 0 1000 1000
        WEB
                IMAGEPATH "/home/ms/local/img/"
                IMAGEURL "http://myhost.net/mapimg/"
                TEMPLATE "/home/ms/local/tmpl/test0.html"
        END
        LAYER
                TYPE point
                CLASS
                        COLOR 0 0 0
                END
                FEATURE
                        POINTS
                                50 500 500 100
                        END
                END
        END
END

with /home/ms/local/tmpl/test0.html
(replacing angle brackets with parentheses for email)

(html)
   (head)
     (title)test0(/title)
   (/head)
       (img src="[img]" border="0" width="300" height="400")
   (/body)
(/html)

Terry Brown               Natural Resources Research Institute
Research Associate        5013 Miller Trunk Highway
tbrown at nrri.umn.edu       University of Minnesota, Duluth
Ph. 218 720 4345          Duluth, Minnesota 55811
Fax 218 720 4328          http://beaver.nrri.umn.edu/~tbrown/