Problem with remote layer

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Wed Nov 3 15:10:09 EST 2004

Shouldn't your layer status be something other than off?

-e

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Robin Robin
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 12:58 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem with remote layer

hello all,

I am trying to add a remote layer to my map and am having trouble.  I'm
not entirely clear on how this should be done to start with.  here are
the
links:

wfs:
http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/MapServer/mapserv.exe?map=/mapserver/services/env
dat/config.map&service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities

wms:
http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/MapServer/mapserv.exe?map=/mapserver/services/env
dat/config.map&service=WMS&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities

I am trying to access the layer as follows:

LAYER # Hydrometric stations layer begins here
    NAME                'STATIONS'
    GROUP               'TEST'
    OFFSITE 255 255 255
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    CONNECTION
'http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=C:/mapserver/services/
envdat/config.map&service=WMS&version=1.0.0&request=Getmap&layers=envdat
&STYLES-&FORMAT=PNG&transparent=true'
    STATUS              off
    TYPE                POINT

    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4326"
    END

    CLASS
          STYLE
          SIZE 6
          SYMBOL 'CIRCLE'
          COLOR 0 0 0
           END
    END

    METADATA
        WMS_TITLE  'STATIONS'
        WMS_GROUP_TITLE 'TEST'
    END
  END # Hydrometric Stations layer ends here