4.4.0b2 MAKE error

Chris test at STIGASCORP.COM
Sun Nov 7 20:46:03 EST 2004

I had the same problem. I set the variable LDFLAGS and everything worked
fine:

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Perry [mailto:mtperry78 at SBCGLOBAL.NET]
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 11:31 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] 4.4.0b2 MAKE error

Paul,
   I had the same problem. I was able to solve it by
changing the configure options from

--with-libiconv=/usr/local/lib

--with-libiconv=/usr/local/

Either way, configure claims success at finding
libiconv. But make ONLY works with the latter...
strange. Maybe a bug??

I can't say how or why this changed since 4.2.x...
maybe the new configure script is pickier about paths
names? Wonder why configure didn't pick up on it?

Matt Perry
Humboldt State University