wrong in reference map coordinates

temiz temiz at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Mon Nov 8 05:20:03 EST 2004

hello

I am trying to use reference map with php-mapscript.
But, despite all my efforts and having some help from some friends,
map coordinates of reference map I have are not correct.

To get map coordinates of drawn rectangle on reference map, I have
followed this procedure. But I was not able to get correct result.

the procedure (javascript code):
X = (map_maxx - map_minx) * (image_click_coord_x / image_width) + map_minx

Y = (map_maxy - map_miny) * (image_click_coord_y / image_height) + map_miny

I have hesitation on one point.
Are these map_maxx, map_maxy,map_minx and map_miny values same as extension values in *.map file ?

I will appreciate if anyone informs me

kind regards

Ahmet Temiz

______________________________________
Inflex - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr

______________________________________
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.