Color ramping

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Wed Nov 10 17:50:29 EST 2004

All,

I have the Contour layer displaying fairly quickly now.  The next order
of business is to display it with a color-ramp.

Are there any programtric ways of accomplishing this with the
attributes.  I have elevation attribute on each line that I use for
labelling, I would like to change the colors (color-ramp) via this
attribute.

Aside from assigning every individual elevation (or groups of
elevations)  a color, is there a MAPFILE (or Trick) config that could
make this happen?

Thanks

bobb