How to add hdf files to map file?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Nov 11 09:08:36 EST 2004

wlx wrote:
>  Hi,
>       If the subdataset included multi bands data,how did the mapserver or
> gdal deal with it? And what extent should I use,the image coordinate or
> geographic coordinate?
>       Thanks.
>
> LiangXu Wang

LiangXu,

You should use gdalinfo on the subdataset name to find out what coordinate
information GDAL has available, if any.  GDAL does support multi-band
subdatasets though there have been occations when it gets confused about
which dimension is the bands dimension.

Andrey Kiselev is the author of the HDF driver in GDAL and you might want to
consult with him if you need to know particular details.  In the meantime
I would encourage you to experiment a bit.

Best regards,