wcs issues on getting data

Nuno GIL nunoragil at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 11 10:02:41 EST 2004

Pericles,

I have some kind of problem in the compilation of
mapserver. Detected the problem compiling it on
another machine. Now the WCS works :-)
There is only a problem with the data values it is
returning.

I opened both the source and the obtained 16-bit srtm
images with envi. I linked both geographically and the
data values are a bit different on each one. As an
example I attach a snapshot of it!

Another thing is that when I run the gdalinfo tool on
both, the source image displays
(...)
Band 1 Block=1201x1 Type=Int16, ColorInterp=Gray

while the obtained one displays:
(...)
Band 1 Block=1200x3 Type=Int16, ColorInterp=Gray

The 1201 vs 1200 is easy to explain. The size of the
specified bbox in the request is the responsable for
that. But what abou the x1 and the x3? Can you tell me
what do they mean?
Thank you very much for your help,
Regards,
Nuno

http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wcs?map=/ge/data/iceds/alpha/umms/wcs_land3.map&layer=L5&mode=map

http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wcs?REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=l5&SERVICE=WCS&map=/ge/data/iceds/alpha/umms/wcs_land3.map&BBOX=48.5,-21.5,48.7,-21.3&FORMAT=GEOTIFF_RGB&CRS=EPSG:4326&RESX=0.00027778&RESY=0.00027778

http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wcs?map=/ge/data/iceds/alpha/umms/wcs_land3.map&layer=LC5&mode=map)?