CGI Query Mode Variables

Manjiri Andhare mandhare at STATE.PA.US
Fri Nov 12 10:42:33 EST 2004

Hello List,
I wanted to display the data which is in the shape files about the layers.
After the research, I have been up to the point that i can get the data
about one layer using the mode=QUERY.
I went throught the CGI Reference Documentation. But for me the explanation
about mode variables..query, nquery itemquery etc. wasn't enough.
So what i want to ask is..
If I want to display information about any layer(I'll make the user to
select a radio button for the layer about which he wants to see the
information), which mode shall i use? And what additional code do i need to
write in map file and in the html templet?
Now while usig query mode, I have wrote the code in map file for 3 layer
with TYPE=QUERY. But I don't know how to write the code to diaply the
information in the resuling html template(tabular form)for any selection of
the layer. Right now, I have wrote the code in the html file to display
information about only one layer, but depending upon user selection of the
layer, this information should change. How to make this change? Or do i
need to write seperate template for every layer and call that template
depending upon user selection? If yes, can someone provide informaiton
about how to do that?
Thank you all,
Manjiri Andhare
GIS Coordinator,