[get_layers] template parameter

Roman Stammbach rstammba at HSR.CH
Fri Nov 12 10:29:03 EST 2004

Hy all

I am new on this list, so at first "Hello World".

I have a real problem with mapserver 4.2.4.

We use the [get_layers] variable in our html template. Version 4.2.0 used to fill it with a string like:

"&layer=lakespy2&layer=Lakes+and+Rivers"

The more recent version 4.2.4 we're using now returns

"lakespy2 Lakes and Rivers"

This notation makes it obviously harder to parse and to create an new request sting using javascript.

Why has this behaviour been changed and waht is your solution to this problem?

maptemplate.c on line 2125 means:
    outstr = gsub(outstr, "[get_layers]", repstr); // obsolete

Is there any reason to don't use this feature anymore? Why does it work different now, ans is there an other Feature?

Many thanks for your Help and greetings from Switzerland
Roman