confusion about polygon definitions

Fri Nov 12 15:08:28 EST 2004

Joe,

mapserver assumes an XY coordinate system there for there is only ONE
polygon the mapserver will understand and the is P2 below. P! is really
two separate polygons and should be split into them respectively. You
can define a polygon that crosses the international date line by add/sub
180 to the values beyond the dateline, but these will not get wrapped to
the opposite side of the image.

In summary mapserver does not understand the topology of a sphere on the
infinite expanse of X and Y cartesian coordinates.

-Steve W.