Are QUERYMAPs Supposed to Work With TileMaps?

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Fri Nov 12 23:54:59 EST 2004

When I was working through a test map that I set up with some Manitoba data
I encountered a problem trying to get queries displaying a map with a
selected property parcel highlighted. I was able to get the property parcel
attributes displayed nicely but the map image would not work properly (all I
got was a little section of the overall map centered on the last area
without the selected land parcel shown or highlighted)

I racked my brain, triple-checked my map and template files comparing them
with the Itasca demo (which I got working fine) trying to find out what was
the difference between them. Finally I realized that the Itasca demo was
using single data files for the layers while my test map was using tilemaps
for each of the layers.

I then tried changing one of the layers to a single data file and querying
that layer and PRESTO the correct querymap appeared with my selected land
parcel highlighted.

Has anyone ever got querymaps working with tilemaps and are they supposed to
work with them?

thanks in advance for your help.

    Bob Bruce
    Winnipeg, Manitoba