Postgresql - create a thematic grid map

claudio cesar trevisani claudio.trevisani at PMMG.MG.GOV.BR
Sat Nov 13 08:03:14 EST 2004

Hi Listers,

In Mapinfo, the grid mapping displays data as continuous color gradations
across the map.  This type of thematic is produced by an interpolation of point
data from the source table.  A grid file is generated from the data
interpolation and displayed as a raster image in a Map window.

I need to create a grid mapping like mapinfo, using mapserver, phpmapscript and
postgresql (+ postgis and geos). My source table of points is stored in
postgresql.

Is it possible???

Thanks,

Claudio C. Trevisani