creating vector symbol point sets

Mike Jackson mj at SCI.FI
Sun Nov 14 16:10:07 EST 2004

Hi,
  Does anybody know of any good gui based vector "icon editors" for *nix which can save pointsets
that can be used in SYMBOL definitions? I tried Dia with native format, svg, and dia shape file,
and finally took the points from the shape file (not the same as an ESRI shapefile). When I
displayed it as a symbol, it did have the correct general shape, but was missing several lines, had
some extra lines, and didn't fill properly.

  This was the result of my nice airplane symbol attempt with Dia, note that it has many duplicate
lines...

12 5
12 9
12 7