MS 4.2 binariy with TIFF Input Support ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Nov 16 20:56:02 EST 2004

Geographic Resource Solutions wrote:
> I notice that the current binary downloads for Windows versions of version
> 4.2 are pretty limited in terms of the raster formats that can be input.
> Are there currently downloadable versions of v4.2 that support tif/geotiff
> files like the prior v3.6.7 version supported or should I just use these
> older binary versions ?

Ken,

Do the binaries in question include INPUT=GDAL?  If so, they have GeoTIFF
support.  Generally we try not to build using the "builtin" TIFF driver since
it has so many limitations relative to the GeoTIFF support in GDAL.

Best regards,