[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] wrong in extensions

Skweda O'Bomsawin sobomsawin at KASSINI.COM
Wed Nov 17 11:28:32 EST 2004

Temiz,

This bias is due to the size of your actual map.  Mapserver must adjust the
extent to keep sqared pixels in the final picture.  So, if your extents in
your mapfile are rectangular and your map size is square, Mapserver must
change the X extents to fit in the map size.  Search into the Mapserver user
list, there is a discussion about this subject...

Skweda O'Bomsawin

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la
part de temiz
Envoyé : 17 novembre 2004 09:10
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] wrong in extensions

hello

my extent in map file:
EXTENT 419630 4510820 516250 4617510

my unzoomed -initial extent in php file gives:
Array ( [0] => 414562.225 [1] => 4510820 [2] => 521317.775 [3] => 4617510 )

could you possibly tell me why x values are different, but y are same  ?
how can I make correction on x values ?
should x values in array same as in map file EXTENT ?

kind regards

Ahmet Temiz

______________________________________
Inflex - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr

______________________________________
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake
Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak
T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte
degildir.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---