Getting map extents using mode=map

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Wed Nov 17 11:29:28 EST 2004

Presumably you need just the image (mode=map) because you've wrapped it
within your application. Now if you need other information out of the
mapfile (extents) then you should consider looking into mapscript.
Mapscript will allow you to get *any* information you need from the
mapfile features. I've found this to be incrediably useful.

-e

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Randy Page
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 9:09 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Getting map extents using mode=map

Hi All,

I am using MapServer CGI, and have a questing regarding mode=map.   In
the
past I have used mode=browse, which allowed me to return information
such
as the map extents and scale via the template.   However, I now need to
switch to mode=map, and need to know if there is a way to retrieve the
extents and scale of the image produced.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Randy Page