wrong in extensions

Sandeep Bashyal gis at UNDPHAIS.ORG.NP
Thu Nov 18 01:46:11 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:09:56 +0200, temiz <temiz at DEPREM.GOV.TR> wrote:

> hello
>
> my extent in map file:
> EXTENT 419630 4510820 516250 4617510
>
> my unzoomed -initial extent in php file gives:
> Array ( [0] => 414562.225 [1] => 4510820 [2] => 521317.775 [3] => 4617510 )
>
> could you possibly tell me why x values are different, but y are same  ?
> how can I make correction on x values ?
> should x values in array same as in map file EXTENT ?
>
> kind regards
>
> Ahmet Temiz
>

> ______________________________________
> Inflex - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
> Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
>
> ______________________________________
> The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
> and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
> of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.
>
> Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
> B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.

Mapserver adjusts the extents (either x or y) given in the mapfile to fit the image size that you specify in the map file. If you want the extents you get from $map->extent and the extent you set in the map file (for whatsoever reason) just change the extent in your map file to what you get from $map->extent.

Regards.
--
Sandeep Bashyal
mailto:gis at undphais.org.np