MS 4.2 binariy with TIFF Input Support ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Nov 18 16:41:10 EST 2004

Geographic Resource Solutions wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Yes, there is the reference to GDAL that you mention.
>
> I have my index (built with gdaltindex) working, as I have used it to
> tell me which image mapserver 'thinks' it should draw and that looks
> like it is working fine.  I do have questions about where MapServer is
> going to look for these images (IMAGEPATH ?).  Is there anything else
> out of the ordinary that I must  specify or define to get them to draw
> or should they draw when properly referenced through my map file raster
> layer definition?

Ken,

MapServer will append the path found in the tileindex to the SHAPEPATH.
If that doesn't work it will try doing it relative to the map and finally
just using the path in the tileindex literally.  If the path in the
tileindex is absolute it will also be used directly.

... I think ...

Best regards,