Please look at this

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Fri Nov 19 21:12:20 EST 2004

So my understand from the your many threads this week you are using mapscript to generate mapfiles. This is cofirmed by the clearly temporary name you've given the map file when I visited your link below: /tmp/file6XWjI2.map.

So why are you using mode=browse? mode=map is what you need. The output of your cgi has the following line:

<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="browse">

I entered the following in my browser:

http://mco.communityservers.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mco.communityservers.com/htdocs/tmp/file6XWjI2.map&mode=map

and it worked.

The other thing which took me a while to realize is if you're using mapscript, you should consider the mapfile input instead of output. Once you make this connection you won't ever use calls directly to the mapserv executable.

-e

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Joseph Norris
Sent: Fri 11/19/2004 5:34 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Please look at this

Everybody,

http://mco.communityservers.com/cgi-bin/teacher/makmap.cgi

I still can not figure out why when I click on a polygon I get the error
message.  The map_web_template is there - everything that I have read about
to do this is there. All I want it to do is to be able to zoom in to a
polygon when someone clicks on it.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

#Joseph Norris (Perl - what else is there?/Linux/CGI/Mysql) print @c=map chr
$_+100,(6,17,15,16,-68,-3,10,11,16,4,1,14,-68,12,1,14,8,-68,4,-3,-1,7,1,14,-
68,-26,11,15,1,12,4,-68,-22,11,14,14,5,15,-90);