WFS Metadata versus connection string (envdat WFS)

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Mon Nov 22 01:04:47 EST 2004

I'm working with this WFS data:
http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/envdat/map.aspx?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities

It works, but I'm a bit confused when using the data in my map file.  If I put
the parameters manually into the connection string/URL, it works.  But if I
put parameters like wfs_version, wfs_request into the metadata section for
the layer (and remove them from the URL) it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Any pointers or problems a set of fresh eyes can see?  Here are the two layer
definitions.  Anyone else using this data?

LAYER
  GROUP testing
  NAME wfs_test
  STATUS DEFAULT