PROCESSING directive - scale

Nuno GIL nunoragil at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 22 06:44:53 EST 2004

Hi listers,
I have a Landsat5 dataset for Africa tiled and in
separate bands (1, 2 and 3). This dataset is not
contrast stretched.
With the PROCESSING directive SCALE I can
automatically contrast stretch each band and serve
them in a WMS as separate contrast stretched Landsat5
bands, but is there any way of joining the 3 bands on
the fly to generate a composite RGB contrast stretched
image?

Can someone explain me how the PROCESSING BANDS
directive work? I could not understand it quite well.
In the raster document for MapServer it is first shown
as BANDS=red_or_grey[,green,blue[,alpha]] and then the
example is PROCESSING "BANDS=4,2,1". Where can I find
more info on it?

Onde again regards,
Nuno