WFS Metadata versus connection string (envdat WFS)

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Tue Nov 23 00:38:39 EST 2004

> > It works, but I'm a bit confused when using the data in my map file.  If
> > I put the parameters manually into the connection string/URL, it works.
> > But if I put parameters like wfs_version, wfs_request into the metadata
> > section for the layer (and remove them from the URL) it doesn't seem to
> > work anymore.
>
> Are you using 4.2 or 4.4?

I'm using 4.4b3, actually I just grabbed from CVS tonight.

> If you are using 4.4, then wfs_* metadata should be supported (and the

I hear ya.  Tom confirmed this WFS works at his end with the expected
settings.  I'm still getting stumped though, getting the message:

"
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'wfs_test'.
 msWFSLayerWhichShapes(): WFS connection error. WFS request produced
unexpected output (junk?) for layer wfs_test.
"

What I've found is that the temp GML file is actually a MapServer error
message, what do you make of this:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
<!-- MapServer version 4.2.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
mapserv(): Web application error. No template provided. <br>