jBox - Returning Grey Image instead of Map

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Tue Nov 23 09:35:15 EST 2004

Unfortunately that's what it looks like when you've made a mistake. There are several things that could go wrong. The most important thing to do is try to figure out what the URL you're passing to the mapserv executable. Look in your httpd logs. Take that URL and type it into your browser with mode=map. If that works and returns an image of what you expect then the problem is most likely a path problem (imagepath,imageurl,etc). If it doesn't work you should get an error message or another blank image. If you get a blank image with mode=map then your extents, projections, paths to your data or mapfile have a problem. Finally if there's nothing in your httpd log then it's likely you have your initial URL wrong.

-e

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Shanton, James A
Sent: Tue 11/23/2004 7:07 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] jBox - Returning Grey Image instead of Map

I'm trying to get jBox to work, but all it is returning is grey where the
map image used to be.

The maps are being generated in my tmp directory, but they just do not show
up.  I'm using Windows XP, and IE 6.0

I've added my code below.
Thanks!
Jim Shanton

Here is what I get when I view the source...
the resulting image path is a valid one.

                  codebase='/java/jbox'
                  archive='jBox.jar'
                  code='jBox.class'
                  width='600'