SWF output developpement history and plan question

Javier Castillejo Montes jcastil1 at TRAGSA.ES
Tue Nov 23 11:19:00 EST 2004

Hi there

I don't know so much about the improvements/additions to hte swf module...  even more I don't know so much about Falsh, but here at my office we are trying to develop an app using mapserver whit the swf output.

We are not working full time on "mapserver-swf" 'cos our manager want first "mapserver/html" ended and ready to work. But our next step is to work with "mapserver-swf" (... actually I'm working in both ... :-) )

We don't know all the difficulties we will find due to our "non-experience" in flash but what it's sure is that we will attempt it. We are really interested in try with "mapserver-swf" as it provides us some usefull way to work with and our workers will be happy if we resolve our needs through "mapserver-swf".

Our mapserver-html interface is quite nice, but when we showed our smalls progress in mapserver-swf, the mapserver-html option decrease in relevance.

I know that we are only one user, but we will need help on this... so much help I think as they are not going to give us any kind of "flash curse" :-/, as usual

Any way... we will try. In fact we have one big problem not resolve yet, we work with "air photos", high quality. But we cannot show them with "swfoutput"(the quality is very poor) so we have will calculate the next scale that the user has selected and change the output format to "jpgoutput". I asked it before, I think.

Resuming, we will try with a full-time mapserver-swf attempt in the next two weeks.

Idon't know if it's relevant but we use Oracle_Spatial which has some others problems wity the "DATA" statement in the map file as far as I can remember, for example.

Best Regards

Javier