Postgis point table

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 23 18:22:06 EST 2004

If the data is not being dynamically generated/updated, I would
suggest that rather than converting the points on the fly every time
you view them, adding overhead to every transaction, that you try the
following ...

If you have access to ArcGIS, there are various free plug-in's
(ETGeowizards for example) you can download that can convert a set of
points into lines.

Or if its not too big of a dataset, use a CAD program to connect the
dots, then import the features back into PostGIS.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC