[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] problem after switching to linux

Skweda O'Bomsawin sobomsawin at KASSINI.COM
Wed Nov 24 09:04:27 EST 2004

Your Apache user must have access to the directories and files.  Take a look
at the permissions of files and folders where your mapfile and your php
files are stored with the command ls -l.  Just as a test, chmod -R 777 * the
directory where your files are and try again your apps.  Most of the time in
Linux, the problem is too much security, a kind of problem you never deal
with in Win (make your own conclusion...).

Regards,

Skweda O'Bomsawin

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la
part de joerg pfeiffer
Envoyé : 23 novembre 2004 16:00
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] problem after switching to linux

hello,

I built my map with mapscript on windows. Now, after installing it on
linux, I get this error:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): unknown projection id
in /home/JP/public_html/worldmap/include/mapclassesNeu3.php on line 58

  Warning: Failed to open map file
/home/JP/public_html/worldmap/mapfiles/worldmap4.map in
/home/JP/public_html/worldmap/include/mapclassesNeu3.php on line 58

so, this error comes, when I process my .phtml mapscript file. If I call
the worldmap4.map file direct with mapserv?map=....worldmap4.map, there
is no problem. So it seem not to be the mapfile.

And I double checked the path to worldmap4.map file, tried it relative
and absolute, seems to be correct...

regards
Joerg

---