ok - got zoom to work - another question

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Nov 24 14:34:30 EST 2004

Joseph,

The most simple way to do this is to have a field in your shapefile
with text for each label.  (e.g. 23 teachers, 10 teachers, etc.)
Call it something like 'labeltext'.

Then in the Layer Object in the Map File for the layer that you want to
label, place a LABELITEM.

LABELITEM 'labeltext'

If you are just storing the number of teachers in a ZipCode in the
shapefile, you can concatonate a label together by using.

    TEXT ([NUM_TEACHERS] Teachers)  in your class.

David.

>>> Joseph Norris <sirronj at PACBELL.NET> 11/24/2004 1:11:55 PM >>>
Thanks Dylan,

A question:  I have found these parms labelminscale and labelmaxscale.
How
do I set the label for "23 teachers" or "10 teachers" so that - as I
understand when the user zooms into a polygon, the see this label. Does
that
have something to do with Feature object?

#Joseph Norris (Perl - what else is there?/Linux/CGI/Mysql) print
@c=map chr
$_+100,(6,17,15,16,-68,-3,10,11,16,4,1,14,-68,12,1,14,8,-68,4,-3,-1,7,1,14,-
68,-26,11,15,1,12,4,-68,-22,11,14,14,5,15,-90);