Still having trouble getting demo to work

Hans de Bruin maplist at AVIATION.NL
Thu Nov 25 04:31:06 EST 2004

Hi all,

Ok, this one still has me stunned. I'm trying to run the Itasca demo set,
but no matter what I try, it will
not work properly. What happens is this :

- The Itasca application gives 5 options of complexity. The top 4 work
perfectly.
- The last one, the rubberband dhtml demo fails. The map comes up with a
red screen. The image is missing.
- The log file (debug = on in mapfile) does not give any error.
- When you select *only* cities as a layer and click refresh, it works. A
combination of some layers may work, or
  it may fail. Also when it fails, zooming in helps sometimes. Selecting
the raster layer lets it fail *all* the time.

All in all, it looks like a memory problem, in that it fails when a certain
amount of data has to be processed.
But there's enough memory available.

My demo is here :
http://84.119.191.151  (this is just my desktop PC. Your mileage may vary)

The system is win2k pro with Apache 1.3.33 and Mapserver 4.2

Any hints or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hans de Bruin