[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Still having trouble getting demo to work

Skweda O'Bomsawin sobomsawin at KASSINI.COM
Thu Nov 25 09:09:03 EST 2004

Maybe you can consider to upgrade Apache to 2.0 which is more capable and
have improved performances.  Since you have a 500 error when trying to load
the map, I may recommend to check at the error log of Apache (c:\program
files\apache group\apache\logs) which can sometimes help you.  Most of the
time, a 500 error is due to a syntax error in the map file.  Could you post
your mapfile for analysis?

Hope this will help...

Skweda O'Bomsawin

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la
part de Hans de Bruin
Envoyé : 25 novembre 2004 04:31
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Still having trouble getting demo to work

Hi all,

Ok, this one still has me stunned. I'm trying to run the Itasca demo set,
but no matter what I try, it will
not work properly. What happens is this :

- The Itasca application gives 5 options of complexity. The top 4 work
perfectly.
- The last one, the rubberband dhtml demo fails. The map comes up with a
red screen. The image is missing.
- The log file (debug = on in mapfile) does not give any error.
- When you select *only* cities as a layer and click refresh, it works. A
combination of some layers may work, or
  it may fail. Also when it fails, zooming in helps sometimes. Selecting
the raster layer lets it fail *all* the time.

All in all, it looks like a memory problem, in that it fails when a certain
amount of data has to be processed.
But there's enough memory available.

My demo is here :
http://84.119.191.151  (this is just my desktop PC. Your mileage may vary)

The system is win2k pro with Apache 1.3.33 and Mapserver 4.2

Any hints or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hans de Bruin

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.