WMS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Nov 25 14:59:17 EST 2004

Behrooz Nourmohammadi wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to get a layer from a server, following tutorials in the mapServer
> site. in example 1-6 I am getting the following error message. (examples 1-6
> and 1-7 do not work on the server as well)
>  ERROR 4: `c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/tmp/110140829337160.img.tmp' not recognised
> as a supported file format.\r, referer: http://localhost/tutorial/example1-
> 6.html

Behrooz,

This normally would mean that the image downloaded from the remote WMS
server was in a format not supported by GDAL.  If you add a "DEBUG ON" line
in your WMS layer it should leave the temporary files after a run, then you
can try and inspect them to verify they are in a supported format.

By default GDAL should support GIF, PNG and JPEG.  Perhaps the remote
WMS server returned an error message in XML?  That would cause this sort
of error.

Best regards,