[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PNG transparency in ie

Frank Broniewski Frank.Broniewski at MNHA.ETAT.LU
Fri Nov 26 03:41:08 EST 2004

Hello

I never got IE to render png's correctly, it is well known that the ie
browser has problems with pngs. For some info look here:
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngfaq.html#msie

Frank Broniewski
Musée National d'Histoire et d'Art
Section Préhistoire / Projet EPC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la
part de Stéphane RIFF
Envoyé : Donnerstag, 25. November 2004 17:42
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PNG transparency in ie

I want to generate png with transparent background because i want to display
two image at the same position. I works great when visiting the url with
mozilla, firefox but ie doesn't render the transparence. I know that png
image to be transparent in ie must be in indexed color mode Is yhere
something to do other than change outputformat to gif Thanks