[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer 4.4.0 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 30 14:55:56 EST 2004

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] wrote:

> So, if someone finally compile it with Oracle Spatial support, please give me a way to download it, I will be really really grateful!

I think Howard will have a build with Oracle soon. Unless you're using
PHP MapScript (his builds don't include PHP)?

> Also, I remember that Fernando's team has worked on the Oracle Spatial query support for mapserver ... Is it done and included in this realease?

I'm not sure if Fernando follows this list, but he added the following
entry in the HISTORY.TXT that suggests that the query enhancements are
there:

- Oracle Spatial: implemented connection pool support for Oracle Spatial.
   New layer data parameters to support query functions, added
   "using unique ".  Added "FILTER", "RELATE" and "GEOMRELATE"
   parameters, now permit users to choose the Oracle Spatial Filter.
Modified
   the internal SQL to always apply FILTER function. And improve the Oracle
   Spatial performance.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca