WFS Problems

K. Lessing umn at KARSTEN-LESSING.DE
Tue Nov 30 15:22:13 EST 2004

Hi Bart,
(and dear List Members),

first of all I would like to apologize my late response on your quick
answer!
Unfortunatelly I was too busy to spend time on my WFS problem the last
couple of hours.

Regarding your answer I chanched the string:

CONNECTION
"http://babyz.uni-muenster.de/wfs/WFS?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&Typename=WLIS_UTM32&"
to:
CONNECTION "http://babyz.uni-muenster.de?/wfs/WFS?"
(you find the whole mapfile at the bottom of my answer)

This resulted in the following gml-file which was stored in the /tmp
directory:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /wfs/wfs was not found on this server.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Oracle HTTP Server Powered by Apache/1.3.22 Server at
BabyZ.geoinformatik.geo.uni-muenster.de Port 80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

Than I chanced the CONNECTION string to:

CONNECTION "http://babyz.uni-muenster.de?"

This resulted in the message of following gml-file:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>405 Method Not Allowed</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Method Not Allowed</H1>
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Oracle HTTP Server Powered by Apache/1.3.22 Server at
BabyZ.geoinformatik.geo.uni-muenster.de Port 80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

As you mentioned earlier the WFS Server does not seem to be able to cope
with the POST request.
What does this mean ... and what can I do now?
For the first steps with WFS it might be an more promissing way to start
with another WFS server which is able to work with POST requests?
Would you - Or anybody else - know another WFS server and would also be
able to give me the necessary coordinates?

many thanks beforehand
Karsten

(the changed mapfile)

MAP
   NAME "wfs_client"
   SIZE 500 600
   IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
   EXTENT 9000 5500000 1000000 5600000
   STATUS ON
   PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
   END

 WEB
   LOG "wfs_client.log"
    TEMPLATE "/srv/www/cgi-bin/docs/template5.htm"
    IMAGEPATH /var/tmp/
    IMAGEURL tmp
 END

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME PNG
    DRIVER "GDAL/PNG"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    EXTENSION "png"
  END

 LAYER
    NAME "WaterLevel"
    TYPE LINE
    STATUS ON
    CONNECTION "http://babyz.uni-muenster.de?"
    CONNECTIONTYPE WFS
    PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:4326"
    END
    METADATA
     "wfs_version" "1.0.0"
     "wfs_typename" "bafg2"
     "wfs_service" "WFS"
     "wfs_connectiontimeout" "2000"
     "wfs_latlonboundingbox" "9000 5500000 1000000 5600000"
     "wfs_latlonboundingbox" "4.608 46.879 9.725 52.077"
    END
#    CLASSITEM "lineId"
     CLASS
#     EXPRESSION '124.0'