tile indexing large numbre of images

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Oct 1 11:44:22 EDT 2004

Joan -

You should use gdaltindex just as Frank suggested (I misread the message and typed "tile4ms" instead of "gdaltindex" in the command line, and Frank corrected that error).  You can download GDAL and its associated utilities from http://www.remotesensing.org:16080/gdal/download.html

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of joanvp
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 11:32 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] tile indexing large numbre of images

Hi list!

I've written twice or three times last week asking about the same problem. Some people have answered me, so I'm thinking I'm stupid... :(.

I start dealing with my problem....

I've a large number of heavy image files (*.tif, orthophotos, 75Mb each one). And I want to represent them in my map at certain scale.

I thought with tile4ms it was possible, but not!!! I wrote Ed McNierney's code but I got a lot of blank shp files.

Frank Warmerdam told me that It was possible with Gdaltindex but I can get it throw internet. Where is it? How can I get it? and How can I use it with msdos commands?

Sorry, but I'm desperate...

Thank you