[geos-devel] GEOS and Mapserver

Paul Spencer pagameba at MAGMA.CA
Thu Oct 7 14:18:20 EDT 2004

Liz,

there is a php_ogr library that we built, it is just a set of php
wrappers for ogr functionality.  Frank added GEOS support to OGR
recently.  It should be possible to extend the php_ogr wrappers to wrap
the ogr functions that talk to GEOS.  You could then use OGR to open any
suitable format, perform GEOS operations like buffer, union, etc and
then write the results out to a supported format.

It would also be an interesting exercise to add GEOS support into
php_mapscript if OGR is built with GEOS support.  It should be possible
to use mapscript shapeObjs with OGR/GEOS and perform suitable operations
that way.

The php_ogr stuff is available on www.maptools.org/dl/php_ogr.

Cheers,

Paul